- It is responsible for communicating the energy through the cable to which it is connected.
- High accuracy, and fast communication via Modbus RTU interface,
- This energy meter will allow the SolarEdge inverter to manage panel and battery power.
The SolarEdge Energy Meter with Modbus is a device that measures the energy passing through each of the connected phases to measure the power consumption of each of them. To do this, it requires a toroidal clamp that is responsible for communicating the energy passing through the cable to which it is connected. With this information, the SolarEdge inverter is informed of the energy requirement in order to properly configure the management of the self-consumption, including the control of the discharge to the grid .
- Thanks to the high-precision toroidal clamp measurements and fast communication via the Modbus RTU interface, the inverter knows our energy demand in real time.
- Thanks to this, the output power of the installation is adjusted to be able to limit if necessary the surplus energy produced by our photovoltaic system.
- Thanks to the advanced management of self-consumption that SolarEdge inverters perform, this is a necessary device to be able to manage in our solar installation if we have a battery and the StorEdge interface for the same.
- This energy meter will allow the SolarEdge inverter to manage the energy of panels and battery, if present, to maximize self-consumption and use the minimum energy from the grid in case none of the own energy sources are available.
In the case that we are considering a self-consumption solar installation with SolarEdge Inverters, we will have to include for the SolarEdge solution this energy meter. An added advantage is that there is a single version for both single-phase and three-phase variant, the only thing to keep in mind is that you have to purchase separately a toroidal clamp for each phase we need to measure.